August 27, 2008. Mid day. Former president of South Africa, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, smiles at a function held at The Nelson Mandela Foundation in Houghton, Johannesburg. Mandela met young South African soccer champions from Bree Primary School in Mayfair, Johannesburg, ahead of their trip to France to represent South Africa.
Alon Skuy N.R MANDELA 1
- SWEETTEETH — SAFFCA strongly recommends this opportunity not to be missed, the first show of one of our acclaimed South African artist on her own ground Bianca Bondi. 03.02.18 SWEETTEETH , solo show Hazard Gallery, JHB, RSA 10.02.18 Crashtest, cur Nicholas Bourriaud, La Panacée, Montpellier, FR 17.02.18 A Pale Horse -poetry event, Galerie 22.48m2, Paris, [...]
- Ruzy Rusike at Lycée Montesquieu — Ruzy Rusike was invited at the Lycée Montesquieu by Alice Conteuse . Ruzy was able to proudly share some knowledge on South Africa, its recent history, its art-world and the aims of SAFFCA. The children were most receptive. This experience needs to be repeated in as many school as possible in France as well as in [...]
- Kei McGregor — During his stay in St Emilion, Sam Nhlengethwa and Ruzy Rusike were able to go to the concert of Kei McGregor, the son of the late Chris McGregor which was also attended by his widow Maxine McGregor. During the concert, Kei did a dedication to Hugh Masekela and to Chris, his father. Furthermore, he highlighted the significance [...]
- South Africans in Saint-Emilion — Yesterday we had the privilege to host Janine, Ingrid and Herman Steyn firstly at AFSACSA and thereafter at Pierre Lombart’s house where Sam Nhlengethwa made us the honour to join for a leisurely lunch which finished around 19h00 on the square of the City. It was an immense pleasure for us to be able to welcome [...]
- BEAUTIFUL ENCOUNTER BETWEEN ARTISTS F... — A particularly large audience from the canton, Périgueux and Bordeaux, made the trip to Excideuil for the opening of “CONNECTING AFRICA” at the Castle. It must be said that the quality of the works justifies this enthusiasm. The four exhibition halls have allowed fans to discover the diversity of creations made by artists from Zimbabwe [...]