Last week, SAFFCA was pleased to receive for an informal gathering Monica van Hinte from Holland, Maloup Bory and Clement from Cargo 209, Guy Lenoir from MC2a and Jonathan Hindson both from Bordeaux. The meeting at AFSACSA was following a simple lunch at Pierre’s house where Clement’s residency in Knysna and the SAFFCA exhibition in Bordeaux at Arrêt sur l’Image- Galerie, thanks to the kindness and generosity of Mrs Nathalie Lamire-Fabre, were discussed.
- Dinner at Barbara and Herve Schroeder... — Pierre Lombart and his family had the incredible opportunity to sit down at Barbara and Herve Schroeder house for dinner and share a few special moments together. On the right lies Benon Lutaaya and Schroeder’s collaboration A closer look at the collaboration Stunning work of Schroeder discovered in her and Herve’s dining room. At the opening in Teulic [...]
- Barbara Schroeder’s residency i... — This year SAFFA in association with The Project Space had in residence artist Barbara Schroeder. Schroeder spent about a month at August House which is located at End St, Doornfontein, Johannesburg which unlike France gave her a new perspective of life and one’s sense of freedom, not physically but spiritually. Schroeder engaged not only with her own [...]
- Villa Arcadia | At Hollard, art is in... — At Hollard, art is in our blood. Last week Friday SAFFCA had the unique opportunity of Gordon Massie taking them around the campus of Hollard as well as showing them their collection of mostly contemporary South African art. Villa Arcadia known as one of Parktown’s original “grand old ladies” houses some of South Africa’s most [...]
- Entabeni Farm Residency | Helena Hugo... — SAFFCA in association with AFSACSA would like to welcome Helena Hugo and Keneilwe Mokoena to the residency program at Entabeni Farm, Knynsa. They will be in residence until the end of November so be sure to follow us on all of our media platforms to keep an eye on what they are doing and when [...]
- FNB Joburg Art Fair | Here is what yo... — SAFFCA in association with AFSACSA participated at the 2018 FNB Joburg Art Fair. As the first international art fair on the continent, SAFFCA was honored to have participated at this fair. Focused on contemporary art from the continent and diaspora SAFFCA presented artists who participated in their residency program, part of the collection artist all who [...]