Fatima Tayob Moosa is a multi-disciplinary artist who works mainly in 2D media, which includes: painting, drawing, photography, print and video art. Her work is strongly inspired by the relationship between diversity and oneness seen in aspects of personal versus cultural identity, which she explores through mark making and the discovery of various versions of abstraction.
She is currently in the final year of completing a BA(Hons) at The University of Hertfordshire, UK through the Interactive Design Institute. Her major subjects are painting and digital media, under the tutorship of Paul Taylor and Samantha Clark.
As a second year student at the Greenside Design Centre, Johannesburg her design for a contemporary, ergonomic cardboard chair was selected as a winning design and showcased at the 2007 Decorex Design Show
Fatima is a full time practicing artist with a studio based in August House, Johannesburg, South Africa.
CV of Fatima Tayob Moosa Visual Artist
Address: Morningside, Johannesburg
Name: Fatima Tayob Moosa
Age: (b) 24 August 1983,Pretoria South Africa
Matriculated: 2001 Crawford College Pretoria, South Africa. (Matriculation Exemption)
Languages: English, Afrikaans
• 2016 University Of Hertfordshire, Level 5: BA Fine Arts
• 2008 Greenside Design Centre, College of Design: BA Interior Design
• 2001 Crawford College Pretoria, The Victorian Curriculum & Assessment Authority, Certificate in: English, Art, Chemistry, Science, Mathematics & History
• 2001 Crawford College Pretoria, Gauteng Department of Education Exam: Senior Certificate. Distinction in Art.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
• 2018 Solo Exhibition – “Encounters” at The Art Link Gallery on 6th: Curated by Linda Hartog, The Art link Gallery on 6th, Parkhurst, Johannesburg, South Africa
• 2014 Invited to present selected works as a solo exhibition at Black Women’s Association (BWA) Conference, Durban, South Africa
• 2018 5th Wave: Phase 2, August House, Johannesburg, South Africa, curated by Olwethu de Vos.
• 2009 Group Show at Decorex Design Show, Gallagher Conference Centre, Johannesburg South Africa: “Cardboard Chair” Selected
• 2018 Submission to Future Generation Prize
• 2014 The American Watercolour Society, Annual International Competition: “Koi in Water”
• 2018 Interview with Gemma Hart for The Bubblegum Club, https://bubblegumclub.co.za